Australia, Vietnam navies boost maritime security cooperation
Sep 23, 2021 / 21:49
Vietnam spells out stance on AUKUS
Vietnamese spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang affirmed that the country always keeps track of current affairs in the region.
The launch of the Australia-UK-US security alliance (AUKUS) has been touched on during a regular press briefing by Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs today.
|The UK, US, and Australia on Sep, 15 announced AUKUS, a historic security pact in the Asia-Pacific. Photo: VNA|
Replying to the queries on Vietnam's stance over the AUKUS, Vietnamese spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang affirmed that Vietnam always keeps track of current affairs in the region. “All countries strive for the same goal of peace, stability, cooperation and development in the region and the world over”, Hang said, adding nations around the world are responsible for contributing to such a goal.
On Australia's plan to build a nuclear submarine fleet, Hang said: “The nuclear energy must be developed and used for peaceful purposes and serve socio-economic development, ensuring safety for humans and the environment".
The UK, US, and Australia on Sep, 15 announced AUKUS, a historic security pact in the Asia-Pacific.
In a statement, US President Joe Biden stressed the importance of ensuring long-term peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australia will not use nuclear weapons and comply with its commitment to the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the new partnership will make the world safer.
A US official told reporters that the US and the UK will provide Australia with the technology to build its first nuclear-powered submarines.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Solid macroeconomic fundamentals shield Vietnam from external shocks: IMF
CNN continues to promote Hanoi tourism: Robert Bradley
Communication essential to ease traffic problems: Experts
Local firms urged to stay proactive in intellectual property protection
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index