Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
Vietnam defeated Saudi Arabia 3-1 to earn the second win in Group D of the AFC Futsal Asian Cup 2022.
Vietnam made a second consecutive win in Group D of the AFC Futsal Asian Cup 2022 with a 3-1 victory over Saudi Arabia on September 30.
|Vietnamese goalkeeper Ho Van Y (yellow) faces a Saudi Arabia attack in the match on September 30 in the AFC Futsal Asian Cup 2022. Photo: Vietnam Football Federation|
Saudi Arabia was dominant the whole match, but the man-to-man marking tactic helped Vietnam weather continuous attacks from Saudi Arabia and goalkeeper Ho Van Y was certainly the busiest man.
Vietnam broke the deadlock with a close-range effort of Nguyen Anh Duy in the 12th minute, then extended the lead as Chau Doan Phat placed the ball into the net in the 29th minute.
Saudi Arabia narrowed the deficit one minute later. Nguyen Minh Tri scored the last goal of the match right before the final whistle.
It was not an easy game as Saudi Arabia was good with their pressing and power-play tactics, but Vietnam responded well, Vietnam’s head coach Diego Giutozzi said at the post-match press conference. The last match against Japan would be decisive as everyone would have the chance to progress into the later stage, he said.
Vietnamese players will be prepared and they are expected to perform well against Japan, Diego said.
After the second round, Vietnam maintain its top spot in Group D with 6 points. Japan and Saudi Arabia stand second and third with 3 points each while South Korea placed bottom with none.
In the last round of the group stage on October 2, Vietnam will face Japan and Saudi Arabia will take on South Korea.
- Vietnamese Gov’t evacuates 338 citizens from conflict zone in northern Myanmar
- Vietnam news in brief - December 5
- World Bank to step up US$5-7 billion loan for Vietnam
- Vietnam news in brief - December 4
- Global energy giants plan billions of dollars for Vietnam
- Green economy: Solution for development and heritage preservation
- Vietnam news in brief - December 3
- 1st US-Vietnam Friendship Festival launched
- Fulfil promises: Key to address climate issues
- Delegates explore financial, regulatory frameworks for Vietnam’s green transition
Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
Vietnam news in brief - December 5
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries