Apple’s supplier pours US$125 million into Hanoi high-tech project
The conglomerate will establish an R&D and supply chain complex to support Hanoi-based and Vietnamese companies participating in its global production chain.
INVENTEC, a Taiwan-based supplier to Apple, received an investment certificate on September 13 for its high-tech project in Hanoi Southern Supporting Industrial Park (HANSSIP), Phu Xuyen District, Hanoi.
|The leaders of the Management Board of HANSSIP presented the investment certificate to the investor. Photo: Anh Ngoc/ The Hanoi Times|
The US$125 million project "Inventec Vietnam Factory" is located in an area of 161,647 square meters, with a total capacity of approximately 32 million units per year.
The factory is scheduled to be operational after 36 months, in the operation period of 50 years.
Speaking at the event, Le Quang Long, Chairman of the Board of HANSSIP, said that after receiving the investment license, the Taiwanese investor should focus on resources and funds to ensure the implementation schedule.
"In the first phase of our investment plan, we will invest about VND3 trillion ($123.4 million) to build the workshop, machinery and equipment. After the second quarter of 2024, we will start construction and create jobs for 15,000-20,000 workers," said Yeh, Li-cheng, Chairman and General Director of INVENTEC Vietnam.
In subsequent phases, he added that the conglomerate will build an R&D and supply chain complex to support Hanoi and Vietnamese companies participating in its global production chain.
The Apple supplier currently uses about 10-30% of the component products produced in Vietnam, which would increase to more than 50%.
To date, Hanoi's industrial parks have attracted 709 active projects, including 302 foreign-invested projects with registered capital exceeding $6.4 billion and another 407 domestic-invested projects with registered capital surpassing VND19.2 trillion ($790.1 million).
- Vietnam welcomes Belt and Road cooperation and connectivity
- Apple’s supplier pours US$125 million into Hanoi high-tech project
- Hanoi’s 2030 planning to focus on creating unique cultural space
- Hanoi earmarks US$30 million to build underground tunnel section Co Linh – Vinh Tuy Bridge
- Hanoi aims for urban reslience against climate change by 2030
- Hanoi, Ile-de-France Region (France) tighten urban planning cooperation
- Hanoi intensifies measures to mitigate flooding ahead of rainy season
- Hanoi explores development plans in its South
- Rural architecture key to preserving Hanoi’s unique values
- TOD model for solving urban traffic challenges in Hanoi
Photos on circular economy show new perspectives
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters