Hanoi to invest in construction of Phu Dong Port
The port is expected to handle the North’s transportation demand and help reduce logistics costs and pollution.
Hanoi plans to build Phu Dong container port in Gia Lam District with the capacity of handling 120,000 TEUs, equivalent to 1.5 million tons per year once completed. By 2030, it is designed to handle 3 million tons a year.
This is the latest detailed planning of the Phu Dong Port, in Co Bi and Dang Xa communes, Gia Lam District, signed by Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Duong Duc Tuan.
|Long Bien Inland Container Depot, one of the city's main ports in Gia Lam District. HNT Photo|
In terms of scale, Phu Dong port includes four container handlers, three reach-stackers handling cement, and another two for other purposes. The container yard is 66,360sq.m while a cargo yard is nearly 66,600sq.m.
According to the detailed planning, the number of reach-stackers will double compared with the city's approved transport plan. They will be used for the loading and unloading of cement and other construction materials.
The space arrangement, architecture, and landscape will be carried out according to the construction planning for the Red and Thai Binh rivers dyke, which has been approved by the Prime Minister.
The goal of the project is to materialize the transportation planning of Hanoi capital until 2030, with a vision to 2050, which has been approved by the Prime Minister and the detailed planning of the inland waterway port system in the North to 2020 and orientation to 2030 which has been approved by the Ministry of Transport.
- KOICA launches new training program for Vietnamese journalists
- UK-funded CFA to support nine low-carbon projects in Vietnam
- Hanoi’s latest proposal on Ring road No.4 project to save US$380 million
- Construction of $120-million compostable resin factory kicks off in Hai Phong
- Construction of Long Thanh International Airport must be accelerated: Prime Minister
- Samsung urged to speed up construction on R&D center
- Hanoi to invest in construction of Phu Dong Port
- Hanoi to complete construction of inland container depots soon
- US firms keen on investment in Vietnam
- Hanoi continues to lure international brands
Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
Vietnam news in brief - December 5
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries