Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s industrial parks and economic zones with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date.
In the first six months of 2020, Vietnam’s industrial parks (IPs) and economic zones (EZs) welcomed 335 foreign-invested projects worth US$6 billion, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
|Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in Jan-Jun.|
This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s IPs and EZs with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date, 72.3% of which has been disbursed.
Meanwhile, IPs and EZs have received VND62.7 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in terms of newly-registered capital and additional capital poured into 282 projects by Vietnamese investors during the six-month period, stated the MPI in a report.
Overall, domestic investors have committed VND2,310 trillion (US$98.74 billion) to IPs and EZs, 46.3% of the said amount has been disbursed.
Vietnam currently has 336 industrial zones covering an area of nearly 97,800 hectares as of the end of June, of which 261 are operational, other 75 are in the process of site clearance and construction. The occupancy rate reached 76% at operating industrial parks.
Additionally, the country has 17 coastal economic zones covering a combined area of approximately 845,000 hectares on land and water surface.
- Thang Long Industrial Park urged to streamline administrative procedures for manufacturers
- Vietnam leads top choice for global investors: Cushman & Wakefield
- Vietnam-Singapore III Industrial Park to be built in Binh Duong this month
- Vietnam Prime Minister approves three industrial parks
- Recruitment demand of foreign manufacturers surges in 2021
- New industrial project expected to lure high-tech investment in Thai Binh
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
Lively Black Friday atmosphere on the streets of Hanoi
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
Hanoi expects to work with South Korea’s partners in smart city projects
Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives
NA agrees to raise basic wage next July