TH Group rolls out US$11.9 million high-tech dairy project in Mekong Delta
It is considered as the largest-scale project in the Delta.
Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh attended the groundbreaking ceremony of a VND2.65 trillion (US$11.9 million) high-tech, concentrated dairy cow farm project invested by TH Group, on Februart 27, in Tri Ton district, the Mekong Delta’s An Giang province.
|Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh. Photo: TH Group|
Under the project, a dairy herd of 10,000 cows would yield 135 tons of milk per day. Once operational, this would be the largest high-tech with closed processing dairy farm in the Mekong Delta region. The TH farm will contribute to increasing quantity and quality of fresh milk supply for the Mekong Delta region and towards export.
Speaking at the ceremony, Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Binh said TH's project has not only set a new chapter in high-tech agriculture of An Giang and the Mekong Delta but also developed farmers’ livelihood.
The success of the model will contribute to completing the goal of developing a herd of 500,000 dairy cows across the country earlier than the master plan for the agricultural production development until 2020 and with a vision toward 2030, Deputy Prime Minister Binh said.
In addition to the dairy farming project, Thai Huong, founder and Chairman of TH Group Strategy Council, said that the group would also set up organic and Global GAP farms which produce fresh agricultural products as well as build nursing homes and resorts.
The group plans to develop another model of dairy cow farming through a high-tech cooperative, which is similar to the model that it has implemented in Dalat, the city of the central highland province of Lam Dong.
- Hanoi’s latest proposal on Ring road No.4 project to save US$380 million
- Construction of $120-million compostable resin factory kicks off in Hai Phong
- Construction of Long Thanh International Airport must be accelerated: Prime Minister
- Samsung urged to speed up construction on R&D center
- Hanoi to invest in construction of Phu Dong Port
- Hanoi to complete construction of inland container depots soon
- US firms keen on investment in Vietnam
- Hanoi continues to lure international brands
- KKR invests in Vietnamese educational group
- Work on Long Thanh airport passenger terminal to start in 2022
Business confidence in Vietnam improves to a three-month high: S&P Global
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Make in Vietnam drives ICT firms into international markets
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy