“Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam” program kicks off
The travel stimulus program will run from June 1 to December 31, 2020.
A program titled "Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam" has been launched to stimulate domestic tourism and help people travel in the new normal context.
|O Loan Lagoon, Phu Yen province. Photo: Zing|
The program, which will run from June 1 to December 31, includes the promotion of communication activities, destinations and attractive travel products as well as provides guidelines on reopening tourism activities in localities with safety measures against the pandemic.
Under the program, tour operators are encouraged to offer tour packages at reasonable prices as well as promote their products through communication campaigns.
It is expected to draw the participation of associations and related business in the promotion and execution.
In addition, localities are encouraged to offer incentives including reduction and even exemption of entrance fees at relic sites, museums and places of interest.
Travel businesses are asked to develop their own new stimulus programs, promotions, discounts, and improve the quality of products and services.
Air carriers and transport companies are suggested to offer tickets at lower prices.
Meanwhile, the capital city of Hanoi, one of the most important tourist hubs in Vietnam, will work with authorities from other provinces and cities to launch a national tourism stimulus program to create jobs and restart the recovery of the tourism industry.
Many travel businesses in Hanoi have participated in promotional programs to attract local travelers, as the international market has been paralyzed due to Covid-19.
On May 6, the authorities of Quang Binh province, home to the world's largest cave Son Doong, also announced a promotional travel packages to stimulate domestic demand.
- Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
- Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
- Vietnam wants to elevate partnership status with EU
- Hanoi, Vientiane businesses sign deals to boost cooperation
- Hanoi forecasts GRDP growth of 6.11% in 2023
- Hanoi seeks EU’s expertise in green economy development
- Hanoi Online Shopping Festival to boom market this week
- Vietnam urged to open new flight routes to boost tourism
- Hanoi, Yunnan strengthen cooperation in various fields
- Economic corridor cooperation facilitates Vietnam-China’s trade, investment
Hanoi – Minsk close ties: Highlight of bilateral relations
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Hanoi weighs launch of Red River waterbus
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries