Vietnamese students awarded third prizes at Regeneron ISEF 2021
The prizes make Vietnam one of 34 countries and territories to be honored among 81 participants taking part in the contest.
Two Vietnamese students have won third place at the 2021 Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF), the world's largest international pre-college science competition, according to the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Huu Do gives prizes to encourage students to participate in the ISEF 2021. Photo: MoET
The third-place prize went to Pham Du Linh and Nguyen Duc An from Han Thuyen High School in the northern province of Bac Ninh. They submitted their project on “Robot arms for people with disabilities having hand paralysis” in the Engineering Mechanics category.
The project makes Vietnam one of 34 countries and territories to be honored among 81 participants taking part in the contest.
Another project on "Psychological difficulties in online learning for high school students" by Hoang Viet Phuc and Vu Phuong Mai of Lao Cai province's Lao Cai High School received a certification from the American Psychological Association and a cash prize of US$500 from the American Statistical Association (ASA).
The ASA also granted the special consolation prize to a project on stimulating math thinking by Huynh Dang Khoa and Le Anh Chau from Nguyen Tri Phuong Secondary School in the central province of Thua Thien Hue.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, this year's Regeneron ISEF was held online from May 3-21. The competition attracted the participation of 1,893 students from 81 countries and territories globally, with 1,431 projects submitted.
- Vietnamese innovation startup ecosystem is dynamic and open
- ASEAN, Vietnam seek to tackle fake news
- Hanoi removes barriers to applying high tech to farming
- Digital transformation centers to be established across Vietnam
- Opportunities for ‘EdTech’ to flourish in Vietnam’s education sector
- Vietnam to host expo of cleanrooms, heat-refrigeration, and high-tech factories
- Better data, better lives
- Hanoi to lead country in digital transformation
- Hanoi to improve national population database app
- Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park becomes part of Hanoi after 25 years
Musical tells old Hanoi story
Vietnam news in brief - October 3
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation