Vietnam’s first commercial center on water under construction
The mega trade center, 30 minutes from Hanoi downtown, is expected to be an attractive destination for visitors.
Works on the first floating commercial center in Vietnam kicked off at the Ecopark urban area in Hanoi’s neighboring province of Hung Yen.
|First floating commercial center in Vietnam. Photo: Ecopark|
Once completed, the floating mega trade center is expected to attract nearly five million visitors per year.
The project includes three commercial towers on water (Waterfront Entertainment, Waterfront Dining and Waterfront Fashion) and a shopping mall on land, interconnected by foot bridges designed in the Venetian style. According to the investor, the towers are operated by one of the world’s top five commercial groups.
The Island Mall is designed by Callison Group, the author of three out of the 10 world’s largest and most famous shopping centers. According to Callison, the commercial center on the water aims to become the most famous shopping-food-entertainment paradises of Vietnam, becoming a “must-visit” destination for travelers to Hanoi.
It covers tens of thousands of square meters and is expected to draw more than 100 fashion brands, food and entertainment centers.
The project is invested by Ecopark Group, a housing developer in the northern province of Hung Yen’s Van Giang district, with an investment of more than VND3 trillion (US$132 million).
- Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
- PM to lead Steering Committee on national key transport projects
- Work kicks off on Vong Xuyen Industrial Cluster
- Hanoi has new high-tech oncology hospital
- Will office rental demand in Vietnam drop as hybrid working gets trendy?
- Transport ministry approves 12 sub-components under North-South expressway projects
- Removing barriers to boost real estate development in Vietnam
- VinFast raises $4 billion for its plant in US
- Hanoi to build regulations on renovating and rebuilding old apartments
- Vietnamese urban architecture: Opening doors for living spaces with past-future harmony
Vietnam’s middle power diplomacy in ASEAN
Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM