Work on Quang Tri airport to begin in early September
The construction for the airport requires an investment of over VND8 trillion (US$346.8 million).
Work will kick off on Quang Tri Airport in the central province of Quang Tri in September, according to local authorities.
The construction is designed to have an investment of over VND8 trillion (US$346.8 million). Funding of the airport project will involve private resources, in line with the government's plan to summon private investors to support the development of the country's transportation infrastructure.
The airport is expected to be operational by 2030 with a capacity of one million passengers and 3,100 tons of cargo per year.
|Perspective of the Quang Tri airport project. Photo: quangtri.gov.vn|
Chairman of the Quang Tri Provincial People's Committee Vo Van Hung asked the consultants, including T&T Group JSC, to soon complete design plans for the airport project and other relevant procedures to carry out the construction as scheduled.
Speaking at the meeting on April 9 in Dong Ha city, Chairman and General Director of T&T Group Do Quang Hien said that the company will coordinate well with the provincial authorities to complete the prescribed procedures, and expected to start the construction on September 2.
Hung asked the consultants to plan the airport taking into account the main thoroughfares of the province and the central region to make the airport a regional hub for air transport region.
Earlier, the province finished the demarcation of an area of 594-ha for the construction of Quang Tri airport in the Gio Linh district's communes of Gio Mai and Gio Quang.
The provincial proposal to conduct pre-feasibility study of the airport was approved by the government, which asked Quang Tri authorities to implement it after consulting with relevant ministries.
- Hanoi’s latest proposal on Ring road No.4 project to save US$380 million
- Construction of $120-million compostable resin factory kicks off in Hai Phong
- Construction of Long Thanh International Airport must be accelerated: Prime Minister
- Samsung urged to speed up construction on R&D center
- Hanoi to invest in construction of Phu Dong Port
- Hanoi to complete construction of inland container depots soon
- US firms keen on investment in Vietnam
- Hanoi continues to lure international brands
- KKR invests in Vietnamese educational group
- Work on Long Thanh airport passenger terminal to start in 2022
Vietnam spends US$9 billion on oil imports in 2022
Hanoi makes people and businesses the center of digitalization
Tet in the eyes of foreigners in Hanoi
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy
Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village