World’s tallest tower features Vietnamese flag to celebrate National Day
This year marks the 27th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and the UAE.
The world tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), displayed the Vietnamese flag on Vietnam National Day (September 2).
|World’s tallest tower features the Vietnamese flag to celebrate the National Day. Screenshot: NM|
“In celebration of Vietnam’s 75th Independence Day, #BurjKhalifa lit up in their flag. We wish the Vietnamese people growth and success,” said the Burj Khalifa Twitter account on September 2 accompanied by a video of the red flag of Vietnam with yellow stars on the entire surface of the building.
As of September 4, the video posted by the Burj Khalifa Facebook account reached around 12,000 likes, 1,600 comments and 1,900 shares.
Twitter and Facebook accounts of the UAE embassy in Vietnam have shared the video.
The building often uses lighting displays to commemorate significant events. The projection of national flags, including that of Vietnam, is a ritual performed by the UAE and Dubai authorities to show respect for partners they deem special, according to Newsbeezer.
Elsewhere, the Vietnamese national flag also lit up the skyscraper of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in Abu Dhabi.
This year marks the 27th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the country and the UAE. Since then the UAE has become the nation’s largest trade partner in the Middle East and Africa while Vietnam is considered the country’s leading gateway to the ASEAN market.
Two-way trade turnover reached nearly US$6 billion last year, of which Vietnam had a trade surplus of nearly US$5 billion. The two countries aim to increase trade in both directions to US$10 billion in the coming years.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world