Design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge approved
Hanoi has officially approved the design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge across Red River and connecting the city's central part of Hoan Kiem with Long Bien District.
The Hanoi People’s Committee has approved Tran Hung Dao Bridge design that will connect the Red River banks.
|The design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The bridge is designed with six spans, with a length of 150 meters each. The spans are made of two undulating steel waves, representing infinity.
Costing approximately VND8.9 trillion (US$386 million), the 5.5-kilometers bridge has six lanes for automobiles and motorbikes, two lanes for bicycles and other non-motorized vehicles, and pedestrian sidewalks.
According to the Hanoi Department of Planning and Investment, the construction of the Red River-crossing bridge will relieve pressure on Long Bien and Chuong Duong bridges and link the city's central districts with its eastern region.
The bridge lies between Chuong Duong and Vinh Tuy bridges and connects Tran Hung Dao Street of Hoan Kiem and Hai Ba Trung districts on the southern side of Red River with Nguyen Van Linh and Vu Duc Than roads of Long Bien District on the northern side.
According to the Hanoi People’s Committee, the city will develop the construction plan of the bridge based on the winning design. The Department of Planning and Architecture will assess whether the method corresponds with the principles of the bridge development policy and prepare for the next steps.
Previously, Hanoi launched a contest to collect ideas and designs for Tran Hung Dao Bridge construction. The designs were on display for people's feedback in March 2022.
The Hanoi Project Management Unit for Development and Investment of Transportation Infrastructures will publish the result of the competition among government agencies, the public, and contestants and award the winning design author.
- Hanoi must highlight talent recruitment in the amended Capital Law: law lecturers
- Fidel’s affection for Vietnam symbolizes deep bond between two countries
- Decentralizaion on agenda for Hanoi decision makers
- Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
- Lotte Group pledges to invest in Hanoi's development projects
- Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 to boost capital tourism
- Amended Capital Law: Hanoi needs more power
- Hanoi's US$2.8 billion fifth metro line project approved
- Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
- Hanoi, Shenzhen eye partnerships in urban and public transport development
Photos on circular economy show new perspectives
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters