Design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge approved
Hanoi has officially approved the design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge across Red River and connecting the city's central part of Hoan Kiem with Long Bien District.
The Hanoi People’s Committee has approved Tran Hung Dao Bridge design that will connect the Red River banks.
|The design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The bridge is designed with six spans, with a length of 150 meters each. The spans are made of two undulating steel waves, representing infinity.
Costing approximately VND8.9 trillion (US$386 million), the 5.5-kilometers bridge has six lanes for automobiles and motorbikes, two lanes for bicycles and other non-motorized vehicles, and pedestrian sidewalks.
According to the Hanoi Department of Planning and Investment, the construction of the Red River-crossing bridge will relieve pressure on Long Bien and Chuong Duong bridges and link the city's central districts with its eastern region.
The bridge lies between Chuong Duong and Vinh Tuy bridges and connects Tran Hung Dao Street of Hoan Kiem and Hai Ba Trung districts on the southern side of Red River with Nguyen Van Linh and Vu Duc Than roads of Long Bien District on the northern side.
According to the Hanoi People’s Committee, the city will develop the construction plan of the bridge based on the winning design. The Department of Planning and Architecture will assess whether the method corresponds with the principles of the bridge development policy and prepare for the next steps.
Previously, Hanoi launched a contest to collect ideas and designs for Tran Hung Dao Bridge construction. The designs were on display for people's feedback in March 2022.
The Hanoi Project Management Unit for Development and Investment of Transportation Infrastructures will publish the result of the competition among government agencies, the public, and contestants and award the winning design author.
- Hanoi should expand green space for sustainable urban development: Experts
- Hanoi advances public investment at year-end: Mayor
- Hanoi FC wins national cup for third time with two masterpieces
- It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
- Democracy key for Hanoi to address the bottleneck in public investment
- Hanoi expects to work with South Korea’s partners in smart city projects
- Nhon – Hanoi Station metro line ready for test run in December
- Hanoi promises support for world peace, prosperity
- Expert digs out Thang Long Imperial Citadel to affirm value of UNESCO heritage site
- Trophy copies for winning World Cup dreamers
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Tourism Ao Dai Festival 2022 to be held next week
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives
NA agrees to raise basic wage next July