Hanoi’s shophouse records new prices
Economic slowdown and falling income have driven down demand for real estate segments during 2020.
Prices of shophouses in Hanoi in 2020 set up a new level thanks to investment appetite and thin supply of this real estate segment.
|Representatives of the Vietnam National Real Estate Association (VNREA) share talks on real estate market. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
The prices in some projects with well-invested infrastructure were reported 5% up from the previous year, according to the Vietnam National Real Estate Association (VNREA).
“Landed property remains thin in supply and favorite segment for investors in Hanoi,” VNREA Deputy Chairman Nguyen Van Dinh said at a meeting earlier this week.
Some projects with good infrastructure like Kien Hung and Him Lam in Ha Dong District have been offered at VND200 (US$8,695)-250 million/square meter (sq.m) and VND300 million (US$13,000)/sq.m, respectively, Mr. Dinh said.
In 2020, Hanoi’s real estate market witnessed few licensed projects while the new launches came mainly from low-rise houses and shophouses mostly in projects invested by Vingroup, Ha Do Group, An Lac Investment JSC, and Him Lam Corporation.
Other supply was from mid- and high-end apartments which caught little attention and posted low occupancy, Mr. Dinh explained, adding that inventories are mainly apartments priced from VND35 million/sq.m and landed property marketed more than VND100 million/sq.m.
Many transactions are aimed to serve short-term investment and gain profits.
Economic slowdown and falling income have driven down demand for housing and long-term investment in real estate, drawing investment from other economic sectors to short-term plans, mainly in property projects in outskirt, Mr. Dinh emphasized.
- Hanoi to have land management database in place soon
- Will Hung Yen be an alternative residence choice near Hanoi?
- Hanoi mayor pledges to hasten smart city project
- Distressed real estate developers to get debt payments extended
- Hanoi approves housing development plan for period 2021-2025
- Pumping money into property firms – an unnecessary move: Economist Dinh The Hien
- Real estate prices must drive the market forward: PM
- Vietnam’s industrial property – promising segment in 2023
- Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
- Sharp rise in apartment prices in Hanoi: VARS
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world